Saturday, June 20, 2009

Turn that Dish Around

There's nothing like a good curry and in reality there's not much like a bad curry either. However, when a curry tastes nice but is uncomfortably hot; that is too hot to enjoy it, it doesn't fit either category. In fact, there's not much of my cooking that does fit into a category- any category.

My cooking skills seem to have a genetic component and that combined with little practice, less experience and beginners luck often results in the unexpected. The dishes I make have ranged from superb to inedible and often with no discernible reason.

But, I'm not a person to let the failure of a dish put me off (well not on this occasion apparently).

The other day I cooked a rather large meal of....you guessed it, curry. And yes, it was so hot that we couldn't eat it. However, I was not about to waste the ingredients so I rinsed it. Once most of the sauce had vanished off down the drain (probably cleaning the inside of the pipes like an acid-wash), I made up some gravy and voila! A new dish that I have named Washed Curry Sausages. I found it to be extremely tasty and went very well with mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment