Saturday, June 20, 2009

Token Addict


About a week ago I looked for an online game I used to play on occasions. I couldn't remember what it was called, but I could clearly picture the game itself and knew it had something to do with runes. I didn't think it would be too hard to find. Wrong!

There are a LOT of online games out there to do with runes and not one of them was the game I used to play. However, I did find one that was annoying, not all that likeable, but highly addictive.

When you do something for a long time, it's not unusual that you begin to see it when you close your eyes. However, what I wasn't expecting was the onset of this phenomena to occur some six hours after I had last played the game. When I closed my eyes briefly, I saw electric red and green runestones. The speed with which they appeared quickened until even during a blink I managed to catch a glimpse of a silver-grey runestone in the inner sanctum of my minds-eye. Strangely it began to make me feel slightly ill and off kilter.

Maybe what I was experiencing wasn't an after-effect from playing the game too long, but rather a withdrawal symptom: I did say the game was addictive.

No comments:

Post a Comment