Saturday, June 20, 2009

Doggie Crafts


Louis (pictured) just loves arts and crafts; well crafts a lot more than art. At least she loves my crafts. It seems every time I exercise my craftiness, she has to have a go too - although we never seem to have a common goal.

For example, when I was using some embroidery cotton to do some tablet-weaving, she thought it would look much better unravelled across the floor with just the occasional knot. The last time I did some drawing she took my eraser and to her credit she didn't chew it to pieces, but put so many splits through it that when I tried to use it for its intended purpose, a single swipe across the page caused it to crumble into half a dozen pieces.

Yesterday I managed to spin a skein of wool (albeit inexpertly) and this morning, said skein was found not on the table where it was left, but out lying in the grass.

For a change I would have to say that it was Louis who had likely found the most appropriate use for the craft as it would probably better serve as a home for insects than it would as a yarn to be used in knitting (or similar purpose).

No comments:

Post a Comment