Sunday, June 7, 2009

Deconstruction: Project 28


This morning I had an acupuncture session which I had to sit for about 30 minutes. Although the heaters were going, it was cold and my body felt as though it had iced into position. When I was finally able to move again I thought I'd been saved in the nick of time as my bare feet had turned a purple colour.

I arrived home to discover one of the Littles (my collective term for the dogs) had deconstructed a 28 (aka Port Lincoln Parrot, or Western Ring Necked Parrot - pictured) on the living room rug. There wasn't whole lot left; just a few feathers and a meaty bit which I didn't care to examine too closely.

There was also a trail of feathers which led from the rug through to the lounge room and onto one of the Little's armchairs.

I have no doubt the culprit was the female (Louis) as she has been known to snatch birds from the air, do brain surgery on stuffed toys, and hunt most things that move. The dog (Bug) on the other hand...well, he's still learning to use his sense of smell and once he learns that at least then he might have some sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment