Sunday, October 4, 2009

Through the eye of a needle.

In the world according to me, Nikolai Aldunin should be known more for his patience and steadiness of hand than his artistic visions. True as it may be that few people would think to put a replica tank on a pedestal consisting of an apple seed split in half, I still consider Nikolai any surgeons contemporary in the 'steady-hand' stakes.

Yes, I do need glasses and it may be for that reason that just viewing his art requires some serious squinting and necessitates the correct positioning of my tongue before I can quite make out whether the camels are carrying packs or whether they're just freelancing their way through the 'eye' desert.

If I ever have to traverse such forbidding territory, let it be some as envisioned by Mr Aldunin.



If you want to be amazed by more of Nikolai's art, take a trip through the Microminature Art gallery. Don't worry about grabbing your magnifying glass as a microscope was supplied for the taking of the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment