Wednesday, October 21, 2009

A Rare & Rewarding Day

I don't recall ever having such a rewarding day. I got what I wanted several times, or at least close enough to make it feel as if I had gotten it.

Today my boss and the CEO of the company I work for turned up to discover the most consumers we've ever had in one day utilising our services (we are a new branch of a mental health support centre and the amount of consumers we have is justification for our presence). Not only that, but they were clearly enjoying themselves. It couldn't have looked better. But that was just icing on the cake.

What my boss and the CEO came over for was 1)to give me money (to spend on the punters YAY!) and 2)to offer me permanency. Since I love my job, and the people I work for are wonderful, this is a relief and a joy. The Punter's themselves are a great bunch of people and I'm glad not just to have met them, but to continue to know them.

Talking to my boss and the CEO, I was overjoyed when they agreed to get me everything I wanted for the place. No haggling, no hassle. Just like that. YAY again!

On the way home I was thinking how nice a barbecue would be and woe and behold, Curtainman had the same idea and already had the meat out when I arrived home. YUM!

Then Curtainman says "you got an email from Mr. M yesterday. Didn't you see it?"
"No," says I. Then it turns out that I had received several emails all regarding my last place of employment where the injustices were added to daily and I continue to fight against even now, months later.

There have been no resolutions, but at least something appears to be happening. However, it is a government dept so think of how long something would usually take, multiply the time by 5 and then add ten years and you have the approximate amount of time it takes to get even a reply. Just of late, I've had several replies which indicates someone is finally on the case. Fuckin YAY!

2 comments: