Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Bird of Prey

I was lying in bed listening to the dogs bark when I realised what I really needed was remote control technology that would distract the hounds from their noise making and redirect it to...well to anything really that was quieter; like running from a remote control airplane that bombed them everytime they started up the barking again.

Maybe I could kill two birds with one stone - or perhaps that should be rescue two birds with one plane. You see, Louis (the beagle that loves crafts and was today caught emptying a bag of unwoven wool onto the grass before rolling in it) anyway, Louis loves to chase birds and has on occasion snatched the careless bird from the air. So, my thoughts were that if I had a remote control bird (hence-forward known as the bird of prey) that dumped a load of water on them if they should refuse to stop barking when called, then it might also encourage her not to chase birds.

As I lay considering the possibilities, my plan hit a snag even before take-off, as I envisaged my remote control bird trying to navigate the trees that inhabit the fence-line.

It was only when I was a little more alert that I was able to reach a solution. Curtainman! I would have to incorporate Curtainman into my plan. He has spent many, many, MANY hours on PC flight simulators and given his flight record, I'm almost (yes there was a little, tiny bit of hesitancy in my typing there) ...as I was saying, I'm almost sure that he would be capable of navigating the fence-line forest with the bird of prey.

Given summer is on it's way, there could be a problem with water restrictions. With the Little's propensity to bark at the smallest of creatures that cares to pass our property, I imagine the bird of prey would continually be a thirsty and need to drink quite a bit to keep up with the Little's who would also need quite a bit of water to lubricate their barking-gear.

Perhaps my plan needs a little more thought before attempting to get a prototype together. This also gives me plenty of opportunity to procrastinate which seems to be one of my favourite hobbies.

No comments:

Post a Comment