Monday, October 15, 2012

Reflections

I don't usually like reflecting on things because my reflections are usually quite ugly (and that's not just the mirror kind - who said that?) But of late I've allowed Hervor to drag me along on some of her reflections and they were so extreme that it caused me to review my own year.

Clearly it hasn't been as strange as Hervor's, and although I can't remember most of it, what I do recall has been strange enough. And for the greater part of it I lay the blame at Hervor's feet.

For the first time ever, Curtainman and I shared house with other people (ie Hervor and the Everlovin'). The arrangement lasted for several months and I think all four of us were not only astonished by the peculiar benefits (mainly, our eating became healthier - I think it was the vegetarian in our midst that did it) but by the fact that none of us wanted to commit murder - well if they did, they kept their weapons well hidden.

My sedentary lifestyle took another turn when the Little's and I began joining Hervor for her morning constitutional. This early morning walk has turned into a bit of an addiction - to the point where we are arising for a 4am start and will consider any walk up to 10kms. This coming from someone who thought exercise was rolling over in bed, is as close to a miracle as I'm ever likely to get.

The Little's love their morning constitutional to the point that they are willing to become the alarm if necessary. The trip from the bedroom to where they are harnessed gives them every opportunity to turn themselves inside out with tail-wagging, howling, joy

Note: This occured about 2 years ago but I just found the post and enjoyed the reflecting.Oh how things have changed since then,,,but that's another story.

No comments:

Post a Comment