Thursday, May 14, 2009

Life on Standby

Who was the clown that said "Life is what happens while you are waiting?" (or something to that effect anyways).

Currently I wait for that telephone call that says "we want to interview you for that job".

I already have a job, but it's not a job I really want and it would seem they don't really want me either. However no one else wants to do it and those that are already doing it are being signed off on stress leave; two in the last week alone. Ah, what it is to work with the disaffected youth of today. Not that the youths are intolerable (sometimes they are), but the boss and the merry clique that surrounds him are the veritable brick wall that everyone keeps banging their heads against. And as if that isn't enough, several of us have had a good go at banging our heads against the Union wall as well. Such fun has never been had.

I also wait for inspiration to strike. I've been waiting a long time for that ignoble but enjoyable beast to raise its earless head. The ideas are there, but I just couldn't cope with all the mistakes that would have to be rectified should I undertake any of them. I already have so many mistake-filled projects awaiting my attention that I feel overwhelmed.

Even the toaster seems to be making me wait longer than usual these days. Perhaps I'm just impatient and I should make like Sleeping Beauty and go to sleep while I wait. Is it wrong to sleep the wait away?

No comments:

Post a Comment