Friday, September 18, 2009

Dressed for the Occasion

I went to a psychic night which included a door prize for the most creative hat. My hat was bright, colourful, an interesting shape and above all, gauche. It won, but mainly because the only two other people who'd actually bothered to make a hat were too scared to wear them because they feared looking silly.

I think it pertinent to add here that this event was held in the darkened back street of a country town on a wet and windy night. I'm kinda interested exactly who they thought was going to see them and what it was they feared people might think of them; that they were crazy (remember- psychic night), silly (psychic night), out of touch with reality (psychic night), or any myriad of whacked out things?

So in celebration, I have just this minute decided to start a category/competition for those Dressed for the Occasion. I will enter this guy as the very first- now he knows how to dress appropriately (he was clearly on his way to a sauna night).

Obviously, this guy has set the starting bar extremely high so pretenders need not apply.

I will say though, that Henri Regnault (1843-1871) is a magnificent painter and how he managed to capture all this before the horse had completed it's rear...well what can I say other than, I take my winning psychic hat off to him.

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to submit the everlovin'. Who, clad in underpants and skin, was a modern day version of 'sauna night' guy (if you substitute rearing horses for you, me, curtainman and chinese food and 'curtainmans birthday' for 'sauna night')

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, or rather fortunately, I didn't get a piccy of that. Besides which, my eyesight has been deteriorating ever since and so I probably wouldn't be able to see it anyways.

    ReplyDelete